Mohammad Shami revealed, how he played the 2015 World Cup with a broken knee

India's fast bowler Mohammed Shami recently revealed that he played the 2015 World Cup in Australia with a knee fracture. Shami was the second highest wicket-taker in India after Umesh Yadav in that tournament. At the same time, he was number four in terms of maximum wickets. He had to bowl with pain every day, but despite this he bowled well in the World Cup 2015.
Mohammed Shami took 17 wickets in 7 matches at an average of 17.29 in that tournament. His best bowling was 4 for 35 runs. He was only behind Umesh Yadav, who played one match more than him. Umesh took 18 wickets at an average of 17.83. He also took 4-4 wickets twice. About his performance in the World Cup 2015, Shami said that before going to the ground, the doctors used to drain fluid from my knees everyday.
Shami said during the Instagram live chat session with Irfan Pathan that he was unable to walk properly after the match , "My knee was hurt in the 2015 World Cup itself. After the match, I was unable to walk properly and after that I played the entire tournament with that injury. "He said that I could play that World Cup only on the trust of Nitin Patel.
Shami told that he used to take 3 painkillers daily , "My knee was broken in the very first match of the tournament. My knees and thighs were of equal size. The doctors used to get fluids out of my knee every day. I had to take three pen killers every day. ''
Mahi Bhai and fellow players gave confidence
Mohammed Shami credited Mahendra Singh Dhoni for getting the game despite injury in that tournament. I was inspired by Dhoni to play the semi-finals, especially at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Shami said, "Before the semi-finals, I told the teammates that I will not be able to play, I am feeling very much pain. I also discussed with the team management. Mahi Bhai and the team management also gave me confidence. ''
Mohammed Shami credited Mahendra Singh Dhoni for getting the game despite injury in that tournament. I was inspired by Dhoni to play the semi-finals, especially at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Shami said, "Before the semi-finals, I told the teammates that I will not be able to play, I am feeling very much pain. I also discussed with the team management. Mahi Bhai and the team management also gave me confidence. ''
No comments